The Health Benefits of Cranberries
It’s the time of year that you can find cranberries easily in the grocery store. It’s a good time to pick up a few bags and throw them in the freezer for future use. Here are some of the health benefits of cranberries:
- Prevention of Urinary Tract Infections – The proanthocyanidins found in cranberry appear to block E. coli bacteria from sticking to the cell walls of the uterus and bladder.
- Reduction of Dental Plaque – It is believed that cranberry juice can inhibit the aggregation of bacteria that cause dental plaque.
- Anti-Cancer Activity – The proanthocyanidin compounds found in cranberry may exhibit some anti-carcinogenic activity.
- Heart Disease – Cranberry extract has been shown to inhibit low density lipoprotein oxidation reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Kidney stones – Quinic acid,abundant in cranberries, may help to prevent the development of kidney stones.
There’s a brand recipe on our website for Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider, click here to enjoy.