Diet and Nutrition
Who Should I see for Nutrition Advice?
Our recommendation would be to consult with our Naturopathic Doctor, Dr. Pamela Frank.
How is a naturopathic doctor qualified to give nutrition advice?
A naturopathic doctor spends 4 years in naturopathic college, after obtaining a university degree, studying nutrition. Our naturopath provides scientific nutrition advice that is easy for you to understand and implement. Naturopathic doctors are members of a regulated health profession, just like medical doctors, nurses, massage therapists, and chiropractors. They are held accountable to provincial regulatory bodies for the highest standards of education and ethics
Is Nutrition Advice from a naturopath covered by my employee benefits?
Whether you have coverage to see a naturopathic doctor depends on your individual plan, some do cover their services and some don’t. To find out if you have coverage for naturopathic treatment, check with your HR department or call your insurer and ask the following questions:
- Do I have coverage to see a naturopathic doctor?
- If you have a health spending account, you can use this for your naturopathic services.
- Do I need a doctor’s referral to see a naturopath? (No)
- How much coverage do I have in a calendar year and do I have this amount for each family member?
What does a Naturopathic Doctor do and how can nutrition advice help me?
An ND can help you:
- Eat and enjoy as many foods as possible, even if you have food allergies or restrictions
- Reduce your risk of developing a diet-related chronic disease such as diabetes
- Manage chronic diseases like diabetes through diet so you can live a longer healthier life
- Fuel your workouts
- Ensure adequate nourishment for a picky eater
- Navigate the grocery store in the healthiest way
- Cultivate a healthy relationship with food
- Sort out if a diet you read about is right for you