Candida albicans is a strain of yeast that is commonly responsible for vaginal yeast infections. It can also affect your digestive tract, sinuses, and skin.
Symptoms of Candida and Yeast Infections:
- Vaginal discharge, itching or burning
- Recurring sinus infections
- Bloating, gas
- Muscle aches/weakness
- Joint pain
- Abdominal pain
- Athlete’s foot
Benefits of Naturopathic Treatment for Candida:
A thorough, whole body Candida treatment resolves recurring problems. We use a variety of anti-fungal, anti-Candida herbs and supplements coupled with the very best beneficial bacteria or probiotics. Repair of the digestive tract is also vital to naturopathic treatment of Candida and for prevention of food allergies and recurring gastrointestinal infections. We also do stool testing for yeast, harmful bacteria, parasites and good bacteria that can help target treatment.
Recurring Yeast Problems
If you’ve already done natural treatment for Candida, but it either didn’t work or the problem came back here are my suggestions:
- Get professional help – self-treatment often doesn’t work because you’re not using the right anti-fungal, not using a good, potent product or not taking the right amount for the right length of time.
- Probiotics – good bacteria prevent harmful organisms like yeast from returning. They produce an acidic environment that they thrive in, but yeast doesn’t. Using a good quality probiotic, without FOS and in some cases using very specific strains of probiotics makes the difference between recurrence or not.
- Hormone balance sometimes plays a role in yeast. Balancing estrogen and progesterone prevents recurrence, especially if Candida problems tend to happen around your period or at ovulation. Your hormones help to regulate your vaginal pH so that it is not conducive to yeast growth. Hormones also help to regulate your immune function.
- Stress – high stress increases cortisol that suppresses your immune system. Keeping your adrenal glands healthy and lowering your stress may help.